Dear Mr. President,
Yesterday, I stood in line for two hours to vote for you in Hamilton County, Ohio.
Here are the reasons (this list is not in order of importance):
- Universal health care.
- A woman’s right to chose.
- Social security and medicare.
- Ending Citizen’s United.
- Everyone must have the right to marry who they love.
- Drone planes must stop. Now.
- Mass deportation must stop. Now.
- Education policy that supports children.
- Education policy that stops vilifying teachers.
- Environmental policy based on science.
- Public health policy based on science.
- People should be able to stay in their homes instead of being foreclosed upon.
- Stop persecuting (and prosecuting) critics and whistle blowers.
- Ending unfair tax policy.
- Public health policy that supports prevention and treatment.
- Early childhood support for all children.
- Human rights around the world.
- Human rights in the United States.
- Transparency in government.
As you move forward toward your next term, please keep this list in mind. From the bottom of my heart, I am praying these things be so.